Wednesday, December 31, 2008

...'08 reflections


As 2008 gives way to 2009, I can't help but think how things began on a good note and now, will end on a good one too. Some of my best times were had over in Bellamy Grand and even Bivens Cove with the Cuzzos. From them I learned how to just live for the day and be free. Other fun times were spent in Tallyho. I made GMG rich. And then there was that one bus ride back on Greyhound with the newly released convicts. Road trips. Day excursions. Nights at Rendezvous with the old high school gang. There were other clubs. Fun times @ Venue. Even Skate Station (right Yaya? LOL).

I gained a new perspective on friendships & love. I loved hard and fell into a funk like Kanye. Only I didn't propose. The nature of all my friendships changed because we the friends, changed. Some friends I keep in contact with more than others. We're all busy these days (but that's a great thing). I've loss a few and added a few. But greater than that are the lessons learned from it all. I've learned to enjoy people for the time that we do have them in our lives and that nothing lasts forever. I was able to be there for a good friend in her time of need, and I'm thankful for that.

2008 Has shown me that struggle knows no age or socioeconomic status. Despite the smiles, shoes & words of encouragement ----- I was dealing with a lot. Faced with new challenges and obstacles. I learned that a man accepts responsibility for his actions and plays to win, even when dealt a losing hand.


I strengthened my relationship with God. Not that I questioned my faith, but I questioned many things about life in general. I didn't understand why bad things happen to good people, or innocent people for that matter. Why all the massive floods in the Midwest? Why the continuous devastation in Haiti? Why the increase in the education gap of our children? Instead of questioning things beyond my understanding, I was called to action (ex. volunteering at JJ Finley and the Kids Rescue Mission).

It's foolish to not set goals because each day we should all be striving towards something. However, this year I won't lists all the things that I “won't do”, because in '08 I made many of the same mistakes from '07.

Instead I'll focus on a greater awareness of self and living for the rest of my life.




Happy New Year's



Sir Andre

2 comments:

  1. I liked this post. Especially the part about friends. That is very true and a very good way of looking at it. Kudos Senor Andres! LoL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2009 HAS GREAT THINGS FOR YOU IN STORE ! (= READ MY NEW BLOG I POSTED ONE AS WELL !!--NAllE <3

    ReplyDelete