Monday, December 29, 2008

THEE Addiction





This past Spring I nearly cleared my Savings Account. Spent more than the costs of rent on my apartment for the month. On what? The Jordan Levi 501 package. Before you judge me and say that I waste money... try to understand me. It's an addiction. A fulfillment in it's own right. There's something about copping a pair of Jordans that compares to --- well, nothing (especially if they are limited). It's an insatiable appetite that drives myself and other shoe junkies into a frenzy around shoe release dates.


  1. It usually begins with a little research on the Internet (23isback.com or air-jordans.com) to find out about the shoe (colorways, prices, and release dates).

  2. Then a little budgeting/ borrowing to come up with the cash.

  3. From there it's calling around to see which stores are carrying the shoe. It's not a good feeling to waste time driving around, only to find out a store didn't even get the shoe.

  4. Next, depending on if the shoe is limited or not, you might have to wait in line for a few hours before the store opens. Is he serious? YES, I AM SERIOUS! I've waited 3 hours before outside of Niketown.

And I know people that have camped out overnight at Shoe Gallery. But that's on another level. And no I'm not crazy. And certainly not alone. There are thousands more out there that will do just about anything for a pair of Jordans.

2 comments:

  1. i commented lol.

    i love your writing style and i like this post. cause i have no idea about the infatuation that people have with jordan shoes and everyone talking about this shoe gallery, that till this day i have no idea where it is, but you gave me the idea of what is like to be a shoe freak. :)

    now its not so lonely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not judge you for spending splurging on a pair of shoes . I find myself doing that for clothes. I love your blog thus far ..I knew it would be great because it is coming from you. Love yah Dre:0*

    ReplyDelete